How Do I Compete in the MOS US National Championship?
The process is simple! To receive an invitation to the MOS US National Championship (June 15-17, 2020), students between the ages of 13 and 22 (as of June 15, 2020) must earn the highest score in their state in one of the following categories:
- Microsoft Office Specialist Word 2016
- Microsoft Office Specialist Excel 2016
- Microsoft Office Specialist PowerPoint 2016
- Microsoft Office Specialist Word 2019
- Microsoft Office Specialist Excel 2019
- Microsoft Office Specialist PowerPoint 2019
There are two qualifying periods to enter: the Fall Qualifier (ending December 13, 2019) and the Spring Qualifier (ending May 15, 2020). At the end of each Qualifier, Certiport will issue invites to the students with the top scores in their exam category, for a total of twelve students from each state possible.
In the case that two or more students submit the same high score, the exam time will be used as a tie-breaker (the exam taken in the least amount of time will win). Students can and are encouraged to retake their MOS exam(s) to improve their score and time. There is no limit to the number of times a student may take an eligible MOS exam, regardless of the pass/fail outcome, as long as the student is not in violation of the exam retake policy.
Students can enter their exam scores in one of two ways:
- Enter an Exam at the Time of Testing: While sitting for a MOS 2016 Word, Excel®, PowerPoint® exam or MOS 2019 Word or Excel® or PowerPoint® exam, you will be prompted to participate in the Championship. Before the exam begins, a screen will appear with competition information and an opt-in checkbox. To submit your exam into the Championship, leave the check box checked and then select the OK button. If you pass, your exam will automatically be submitted into the Championship. If you do not want to submit your exam, then you can opt out of the competition by clearing the checkbox.
- Enter an Exam You’ve Already Completed: Did you complete and pass a qualifying exam but did not select to enter it into the Championship? You can still enter your exam for a chance to be the next U.S. National Champion! Simply follow these steps:
- Login to your Candidate Home Page
- Click on the Championship link
- Select the exam you would like to enter into the Championship
- Select ‘Register Selected Exams’ button
How Can I Promote the MOS State Championship?
We have created some resources to help you promote the competition within your school, to your students, and to the guidance counselors and parents. Click on the links below to view and save the resources.
Posters, Flyers, and Banners:
- Poster for Classroom or Guidance Office
- Flyer for Classroom or Guidance Office
- Parent Letter
- Web Banner for School Website
For additional information about the MOS U.S. National Championship, please visit us.MOSchampionship.com.
Questions? Please contact your Certification Deployment Specialist or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where Does My School Rank?
Find your state below to see which schools are in the running for the MOS US National Championship invitations!
Students from states who do not have a statewide implementation program are still welcome to participate, as long as they are within the parameters set by the Official Rules.