Welcome to the 2021 Microsoft Office Specialist U.S. National Championship
Prove your skills in Microsoft Word, Excel® and PowerPoint® and you could win an invitation to compete in the U.S. National Championship finals in Orlando, Florida!
The Microsoft Office Specialist U.S. National Championship is a national competition that tests students’ skills on Microsoft Office applications. Participating in this competition provides an excellent opportunity for you to showcase your Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills, have some fun, impress student colleagues, and gain recognition.
To participate, pass one of the following exams:
- Microsoft Word (Office 2016)
- Microsoft Excel (Office 2016)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (Office 2016)
- Microsoft Word (Microsoft 365 Apps and Office 2019)
- Microsoft Excel (Microsoft 365 Apps and Office 2019)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (Microsoft 365 Apps and Office 2019)
Students can enter their exam scores in one of two ways:
- Enter an Exam at the Time of Testing: While sitting for a qualifying MOS exam, you will be prompted to participate in the Championship. Before the exam begins, a screen will appear with competition information and an opt-in checkbox. To submit your exam into the Championship, leave the check box checked and then select the OK button. If you pass, your exam will automatically be submitted into the Championship. If you do not want to submit your exam, then you can opt out of the competition by clearing the checkbox.
- Enter an Exam You’ve Already Completed: Did you complete and pass a qualifying exam but did not select to enter it into the Championship? You can still enter your exam for a chance to be the next U.S. National Champion! Simply follow these steps:
- Login to your Candidate Home Page
- Click on the Championship link
- Select the exam you would like to enter into the Championship
- Select ‘Register Selected Exams’ button
There are two testing and qualification blocks for the 2021 MOS U.S. National Championship, the Fall Qualifier and the Spring Qualifier. The block dates are:
Fall Qualifier: June 16, 2020-December 11, 2020
Spring Qualifier: December 12, 2020-May 14, 2021
At the end of each competition qualifying round, Certiport will contact top scores and those students will be invited to participate in the 2021 MOS U.S. National Championship in Orlando, Florida.
Students who receive an invitation will be required to complete the registration process in order to formally accept their invitation. There is no fee to attend the conference, but students are required to fund their own travel and hotel expenses.
Previous participants of the MOS U.S. National Championship round can compete in this year’s championship ONLY if they are competing in a different exam. For example, if a student competed at a prior U.S. National Championship round in Microsoft Word (Office 2016) or Microsoft Word (Microsoft 365 Apps and Office 2019), they can participate this year in any Microsoft Excel® or PowerPoint® exam but they cannot participate in any Microsoft Word exam.
If you have any questions about the 2021 Microsoft Office Specialist U.S. National Championship, please speak with your instructor or email us at MOSchampionship@pearson.com.